Friday, July 27, 2007

Father/Daughter Summer Tour 1

Fiona
The road. The stupid white lines. The really really nasty rest stop areas. And my dad. I don't know if any of you know much about how my father is outside of those workshops and meet and greets, but let me tell you, he's EXACTLY the same. Yes, the same jokes and obscure pop culture references cloud the air in the tour van. I wouldn't change it. I don't know if any of you know this, but my dad is my hero. I'm so excited to be on this tour. Sounds cheesy? Sounds forced? Well you didn't just go see Skywalker Ranch now did you? You would be as excited as I am if we had traded places. This is Fiona Baker signing out…


Kelley

I am on the road again. This time it is different, I am traveling with my daughter, Fiona. I am wondering how all of this is going to work. Since I am used to traveling by myself (with the dog), how will I put up with my daughter on the trip? Will she get tired in the van and then get surly? Will she spend too much time in the bathroom in the mornings while I pace trying to get on the road? Will she want to stop all the time because she is bored? Will we get in to a fight because she is a Teen and I am her Father? I am actually a little more nervous about all of this than I thought I would be. We'll see what happens...

The first two days have been fun. Fiona made up a bunch of mix CD's, and she brought a ton of other's. I am slowly finding out where my CD's have been disappearing to. I have to say that so far the music has been great, and the conversation has been too.

We played our first gig at a Gallery in Eureka. Fiona is in charge of merchandise so she set up the table and was much more careful about placement of the merch on the table than I am, I think I might pick up a few tips on product placement. She calls herself "Roadie 1".

She seems to have adapted herself really well to meeting new people and sleeping in strangers homes. The people aren't strangers to me, but she hasn't met them. She is sleeping well and is quite social with friends of mine that she has never met. I am really proud of her, but it is only the first couple days.

Stay Tuned...

www.angryfilmmaker.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home