Wednesday, July 11, 2007

More Book Info & Pledge Drive

Hey Everybody,

This is what happens when you're a friend of mine. You get emails like this from time to time. I am absolutely shameless when it comes to raising money for my stuff.

I really need your help with my book, The Angry Filmmaker's Survival Guide: Making the Extremely Low Budget Movie.

Most of you know how I feel about Real Independent Filmmaking. And that is what this book is all about.

The Angry Filmmaker’s Survival Guide seeks to restore order to this once venerable filmmaking arena by providing young, new and even old-hand, jaded and bitter filmmakers with a practical guide to independent filmmaking. In that I qualify as an “expert” by any acceptable or measurable standard, my book offers not only practical, step-by-step, easily accessible information about the craft, but it also offers plenty of attitude about the state of the world of independent film.

I am self-publishing the book, and I need to raise $1500.00. You can go to my web page (www.angryfilmmaker.com) follow the book link, and make a donation there thru PayPal.

If you want something for your money, you can go to my web site and purchase a DVD, or a T- shirt. Between now and August 15th, I will put everything I make off the web site towards the book.

Or we can do this like PBS. Anyone who donates $50 will get a signed copy of one of my movies (your choice), $75 gets you a T-shirt and a signed DVD, and $100 will get a signed copy of the book when it is available. (I wonder if Ken Burns does it this way.)

I am going to add a page to the book with the names of all those responsible for helping me make my book possible. In Kicking Bird I had a special credit for all of the people who put up $100 or more. I called my supporters, 49 People Who Should Really Know Better. If you donate $50 or more, I'll come up with a better credit.

I know money is tight for all of us, so whatever you can do to help will be appreciated. If you can't, I understand.

Thanks.

Take care, talk soon.

Kelley

angryfilminfo@aol.com
www.angryfilmmaker.com
www.myspace.com/theangryfilmmaker
www.youtube.com/theangryfilmmaker

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home