Monday, October 22, 2007

The Angry Filmmaker in Europe

I am going to be in Europe in late November/early December doing workshops and screenings. I will be in Amsterdam for the Documentary Film Festival (Nov 22nd - 30th), and then I will be heading to the UK where I have bookings in Aberdeen, Dublin, Wales, and Nottingham.

I teach 4 workshops, Making The Extremely Low Budget Feature, Sound Design for Independent Films, Making The Personal Documentary, and Guerilla Marketing and Self- Distribution.

I am looking for more bookings and I am hoping that you can help. If you have any contacts at Universities, Independent Theatres or Media Art Centers that you think might want to host one of my workshops, I would really appreciate you sending them to me. If you would like to host a work shop or screening yourself that would be fantastic! My fees are modest, and students and filmmakers get a lot out of what I have to say.

If you can hook me up with a screening or a work shop obviously you can attend for free, and I'll give you a couple of my DVDs. I wish I could do more, but I am a poor filmmaker.

In case you have forgotten, I am probably best known for working with other people. I was the sound designer on six of Gus Van Sant's feature films including, MY OWN PRIVATE IDAHO, GOOD WILL HUNTING, and FINDING FORRESTER, and Todd Haynes film, FAR FROM HEAVEN.

I received a BA (1980) and an MFA (1982) in Film Production at USC, and did some post graduate work at the American Film Institute (1989).

I have written and directed three full-length features (KICKING BIRD, THE GAS CAFE & BIRDDOG) , 8 shorts and a few documentaries. My films have aired on PBS, The Learning Channel, Canadian and Australian television and have been shown at Film Festivals like London, Sydney, Annecy, Sundance, Sao Paulo, and Edinburgh.

In the last 18 months I have done six tours. I have driven 59,000 miles, flew to the UK (February 2006), given over 200 lectures and work shops, screened my work 143 times, talked to thousands of students, eaten my weight in patty melts and club sandwiches, drank a swimming pool full of cheap coffee, (okay maybe a wading pool...), and ate three cases of antacids. And I am ready to do it all over again.

Please check out my web site, www.angryfilmmaker.com and hopefully we can work something out. You can email me at angryfilminfo@aol.com. I may be the Angry Filmmaker, but I am pretty easy to get along with.

Thanks.

Kelley

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home