Monday, January 07, 2008

Science of Sleep/AF Tip of the Day

I finally got to watch The Science of Sleep last night on DVD. I have to say that I liked it. The visuals were good and I really liked the story telling. I thought the ending was a bit weak, but it was better than having a traditional Hollywood ending where everything turns out great. I guess they could have an ending like this because it was a Warner Independent Picture. Like I believe that...

It looked to me like it was a group of European Companies that made the film and I am sure that Warner bought the distribution rights and then slapped their name all over it. A major studio with an Independent arm? Yeah right! I think it is such a joke that the majors have their own Independent boutiques. You can't tell me that the executives in those companies just sit back and tell filmmakers to "make the film that you want to make and we will support you no matter what." If you believe that ... I am starting to feel monkeys fly out of my butt!

Anyway, I think The Science of Sleep is definitely worth seeing. And since it is a studio release, I recommend checking the DVD out at your local library if possible. I'll tell you more about that later.

Here is our AF Tip of the Day.


You should watch some of the classic films. And no, Titanic is not a classic.
- - from The Angry Filmmaker Survival Guide (coming in 2008)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home