Tuesday, February 03, 2009

A newly discovered site, a film, and other stuff

February 3, 2009

I apologize at being a bit slow and inconsistent to my blogging, I’m usually better than that. There’s just too much going on right now. It’s bad enough I am learning new things in Photoshop, FCP, and DVD Studio Pro but I also have to keep practicing them so I can remember what the hell I’m doing!

I just got back from Kansas City where I was helping my buddies Joe Heyen and Tony Ladesich finish up their doc on the Cowtown Ballroom, (The Cowtown Ballroom: Sweet Jesus!). It went great; they have a really good movie on their hands. It was fun to see a bunch of musicians from the 60’s and 70’s and see how well they survived. People like BB King (okay he’s older than the rest of them), Steve Miller, Brewer & Shipley, The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band and The Ozark Mountain Dare Devils are funny and very thoughtful. A lot of the people who worked behind the scenes at the Ballroom are wonderful and their back stage stories are really funny.

And then there were a few that were lost somewhere in time. A few of these people should be doing anti-drug and alcohol PSA’s.

This film will start hitting the festival circuit in a month or so, keep an eye out for it. I’ll write more about it in the future. Great job Joe and Tony!

I just did a podcast for a site called Common Film (http://www.commonfilm.org/). I have done some poking around and it looks like a great site. I spoke with Jon Ashby there and I really got a good feel for him and what they’re trying to do.

Here is a little bit from their site under “About us”…
Welcome to Common Film, the new site dedicated to 'open source' film production!
Formally known as Microcinemascene.com and RewindVideo.com, Common Film is an all new filmmaking site ushering in a new style of film collaboration. We call it open source filmmaking; we facilitate public use of submitted film production materials under a Creative Commons license to create new media.
For example, if you are a scriptwriter looking for someone to produce your work, you could write a new screenplay and submit it to the site under any of the terms of a Creative Commons license. You could make it freely available to produce if it remains unedited, or you may permit a user to make their own script modifications for their film (increasing the likelihood that it will eventually be shot and released). You can set terms such as Share-Alike, meaning that if you make your script available at no charge, the filmmaker cannot charge for the works he derives from your script. No matter what terms you choose for your property, you will always be accredited for your work in any media derived from it. To learn more about Creative Commons licensing, visit their website.
The site is based in Canada and free to join. I read some pretty good articles and it seems to be updated very regularly. Check it out! And don’t forget to listen to my podcast, I sound quite articulate…

And now on to other stuff.

I am heading out on tour again, hitting the road in late February. If you want Moses and I to come to your college, university, media art center, high school, theater or even to your house for dinner send me a note.

I have been home for almost two months and I feel like moss is starting to grow on my side. I need to hit the road. Drop me a note, angryfilminfo@aol.com.

Please check out my internet specials, hopefully you’ll find something you like. (www.angryfilmmaker.com, as if you didn’t know)

Don’t forget to check out my tour sponsors, Film Baby (www.filmbaby.com), Show Biz Software, (www.showbizsoftware.com), Pollard Design (www.pollarddesign.com), Zoom Studio (www.zoomstudio.com), The Indy Film Co-op (www.indyfilmco-op.org) and Cheezy Flicks (www.cheezyflicks.com). All great people, all great companies.

If you haven’t checked out their sites and their services, you better.

The first two Workshop DVDs are selling well. You can find them at, www.angryfilmmaker.com, and at www.filmbaby.com

As always, feel free to link to my site and you can subscribe to my blog. So what are you waiting for?

Talk later.

Kelley

www.angryfilmmaker.com
www.facebook.com
www.myspace.com/theangryfilmmaker
www.youtube.com/theangryfilmmaker
www.filmbaby.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home