Tuesday, February 24, 2009

On the road and other stuff (possibly free)

February 24, 2009

I am back on the road so it is a little bit tougher to post. I have driven roughly 2800 miles in 4 days (I took 1 day off to teach two workshops at SFSU and SFCC) and I am glad to be back out on the road. If I stay too long in Portland I feel like moss starts growing on my side. So Moses and I are out and about.

I have been getting lots of emails of stuff that people want to plug and apparently they think my blog is the place to do that. I’m not sure how I feel about it but I figured I’d post a couple things and if they help you, fine and if not then I won’t do it.

I got an email from someone promoting NAB, wondering if I was going to be there this year. I’m not. But they are offering something for nothing if that’s possible. So here is what she told me…

For a taste of what the 2009 NAB Show has to offer, check out our Post|Production World Conference details, including 7 different Adobe, Apple, Avid and Mac Certification Courses: http://www.nabshow.com/2009/education/postproduction.asp

I'd like to offer you and your readers free access to the show, so you can experience all it has to offer first-hand. Below is a special registration code that you may pass along to your readers that will give them a FREE exhibits-only registration. And to thank you for helping us get the word out, we would extend an upgraded offer to you that includes access to Super Sessions, featuring insight from the biggest names in the industry.

Free Exhibits Passport Code: TP01
This pass includes access to the exhibit floor and the opening keynote - a $150 value. Please pass along and visit http://nabshow.com/passport to redeem!

I’m sure they are offering this to everyone but if you are going to be there anyway and this code really is free, then use it!

I keep getting stuff from for-profit companies wanting me to promote their wares and sometimes I can't tell who is for profit and who isn't. If you find something that I have posted is not what it seems to be please let me know. I don't want to promote sites and places that are trying to rip off filmmakers, if you see something on my blog that is questionable please bring it to my attention. There are enough good sites out there that if I'm going to promote someone or something I want it to be good folks.

I make a point of checking out all of the rules for any contest or site BEFORE I submit anything. I have seen too many shady contests where you send things in and it suddenly becomes theirs. (AOL has tried this in some of their contests.)So read carefully before you submit.


And now on to other stuff.

If you want Moses and I to come to your college, university, media art center, high school, theater or even to your house for dinner send me a note, angryfilminfo@aol.com.

There is a rumor that my work books should be ready for downloading soon, and there are going to be new Angry Filmmaker T-shirts available. These will piss off anyone thanks to Jeff Pollard. I’ll let you know when they’re ready.

Please check out my internet specials, hopefully you’ll find something you like. (www.angryfilmmaker.com, as if you didn’t know)

Don’t forget to check out my tour sponsors, Show Biz Software, (www.showbizsoftware.com), Film Baby (www.filmbaby.com), Pollard Design (www.pollarddesign.com), Zoom Studio (www.zoomstudio.com), The Indy Film Co-op (www.indyfilmco-op.org) and Cheezy Flicks (www.cheezyflicks.com). All great people, all great companies.

If you haven’t checked out their sites and their services, you better.

The first two Workshop DVDs are selling well. You can find them at, www.angryfilmmaker.com, and at www.filmbaby.com

As always, feel free to link to my site and you can subscribe to my blog. So what are you waiting for?

Talk later.

Kelley

www.angryfilmmaker.com
www.facebook.com
www.myspace.com/theangryfilmmaker
www.youtube.com/theangryfilmmaker
www.filmbaby.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home