Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My New Film

is almost 28 years old.   And that’s why I need your help.

I started shooting my documentary Dangerous: Kay Boyle in 1986.

This film needs to get finished and that’s why I am posting this.

Kay Boyle was an extraordinary woman. When I met her she was one of the last living American Expatriates from Paris in the 1920’s. She witnessed and wrote about almost every major of the event of the 20th Century. In addition to the eighteen novels, sixty short stories, children’s books, the volumes of poetry and essays she wrote, she still found time to have three husbands and six children. She lived a life that most of us could only dream of and she always went out of her way to help people that were less fortunate than she was.

I got to know Kay in the last few years of her life and she was a vibrant personality. I filmed with her, Studs Terkel, Grace Paley, Jessica Mitford, and many other close friends and family. Her legacy needs to live on and it will in this film.

I need to raise $6000 to have the 25,000 feet of original camera negative transferred to tape so I can edit this movie. I have negotiated a great price with a company specializing in film to tape transfers.

I know times are tough and the economy is in bad shape, but I am hoping you could contribute something. $25, $50, $100 or more. However you can help.

Please go to my website (http://www.angryfilmmaker.com) go to the menu bar, scroll over “Kay Boyle” and learn more about this amazing woman. You will also find PayPal Donate buttons there at the bottom of the pages. It only takes a minute to donate and it would mean a lot to me.

Oh and Harris (my attorney) wants me to tell you that your contribution is not tax deductible. It is considered a gift. And no, you don't own a piece of the movie, but maybe I can get you nice seats at the premiere.

Thanks for reading this I really do appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Kelley

PS If you would rather send a check Please make it out to Square One Productions and put in the memo space that it is for the "Kay Boyle Film" and send it to...

Kelley Baker
PO Box 8322
Portland, OR 97207

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home