Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Fall Tour featuring Jon Gann

The Fall Tour featuring Jon Gann

I am booking my Fall Tour as we speak.  Once again I will be teaching my six workshops, The New Model of Independent Filmmaking, Making the Extreme No Budget Film, Now That Your Film Has Been Rejected… Self Distribution, Sound Design on Independent Features, Pre-Production on Extreme Low Budget Features, & Learn Your Craft!  Making Short Films

I am also promoting my book The Angry Filmmaker Survival Guide: Making the Extreme No Budget Film.  I am hard at work on the next book and will have it ready for Christmas.

The Tour starts on September 9th in Washington, DC at the DC Shorts Film Festival.  From there I will slowly make my way around the country.

Big News…

After my appearance at Script DC Oct 15-17th I will be joined for the last month of the tour by Jon Gann.

Who is Jon Gann?

Jon Gann is the founder of the DC Film Alliance, a non-profit group supporting Washington, DC’s film and video community, and the creator of the DC Shorts Film Festival; now in its seventh year, the event attracts national and international filmmakers, and has become one of the country’s premier short film showcases.  As a filmmaker, Jon’s notable past projects include: “Cyberslut,” the first gay-themed short film to screen at over 50 festivals and broadcasts worldwide; “Signs,” a national 48 Hour Film Project award winner, and “Offline,” a modern dating parable.

Jon’s new venture, Reel Plan, consults with filmmakers on the festival circuit.  His “festival tips” blog is read by hundreds of filmmakers every week, and through his work, has bridged the communication gap between competing film festivals, so all can share film information, sponsor strategies and filmmaker data.

Jon will be doing workshops on Film Festival Strategies and he and I will also be joining forces discussing Independent Distribution.  (Check out http://reelplan.com/, http://www.dcshorts.com/, or just Google him!)

I have known Jon for years and found him to be one of the most knowledgeable filmmakers especially when it comes to questions about film festivals and distribution.

This is going to be fun.

Drop me a note at kbaker@angryfilmmaker.com and let’s see if we can come by your media art center, university, school or film festival. 

You will learn a lot and have a great time!

Later.

Kelley

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home