Monday, July 30, 2007

Father/Daughter Summer Tour #2


Fiona

Yesterday I saw the most influential man in my life. Yes, John Entwistle on THE OX CAM! Pretty much amazing. Here we are in Pasadena and I already like it. My dad’s friends have always been nice, but the ones we are staying with now are just plain cool. I am not looking forward to the long trip from here to Texas on Wednesday.

Kelley

We are in LA for 2 days. I have a meeting tomorrow then it will be off to Texas. It'll take us 3 days to get to Houston. I am doing a short 1 hour lecture for a filmmaking class and then my all day work shop is on Saturday. It is going to be a long, hot drive.

Fiona is holding up well. I know it must be boring hanging out with a bunch of adults, but she seems to be handling it just fine. We are heading out to find a book store so she can get more books to read. I am happy that she finally gets to meet a bunch of my friends.

We did go to the Winchester Mystery House in San Jose. Fiona wanted to go there and so we did. It was pretty cool, and not as strange as I would have hoped. It was also expensive! $23+ a piece to get in and take the 65 minute tour. Mrs. Winchester was nuts! We got stuck in traffic for 2 1/2 hours trying to get down to Santa Barbara. That was not fun. We arrived in Santa Barbara later than we planned.

The gas prices in California are outrageous! I am hoping for cheaper gas as we head east.

I did arrange for us to stay with 2 friends of mine in San Antonio who have horses. Fiona loves horses and she is looking forward to hanging out there, even if it is only for an evening.

Stay Tuned….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home