Friday, March 13, 2009

Tour news, Advertising & other stuff

March 13, 2009

Hey Everybody,

Check out this interview with me in the Des Moines Register.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/arts

And this one in the Moline Dispatch.

http://www.qconline.com/archives/qco/display.php?id=429597

I am going to be in Des Moines, Iowa, on Friday March 13th from 7-10 at the Nova 10 Cinemas, (4353 Merle Hay Road, Des Moines, Iowa 50310) and in Moline, IL on Sunday March 15th at the Nova 6 Cinemas from 1 – 4 pm (2018 36th Avenue Moline, Illinois).

I will be showing some of my films, films that I have worked on and I’ll be talking about Making the Extreme No Budget Film. I know this is short notice, but if you can pass this along to any of you friends or organizations you know of in the area I would really appreciate it. The workshop cost is a mere $10.

Making the Extreme No Budget Film - - In 2000 Kelley Baker and Bruce Lacey set out to make a full length feature film for the sum of $1000. They failed miserably. Their budget ballooned up to $4000, (they forgot they had to feed cast and crew), but when the dust finally settled they had completed THE GAS CAFE, a 90 minute DV feature. Along the way they set up a website, shot behind the scenes footage (for a documentary), and made the movie that they wanted to. What's wrong with these guys? In 2002 Kelley sent 100 letters to 100 Friends asking for $100 to fund Kicking Bird. He raised $5000 and shot for 18 days. Kelley is currently touring the country with Kicking Bird. In this workshop Kelley will walk participants through the entire process from scripting through post production. How to get the most for very limited resources, asking the right questions to get free stuff, and working in an atmosphere where people share your vision!

If anyone wants more information about me please direct them to my web site, www.angryfilmmaker.com.

I am hoping for a good turn out.

I just saw the film Waltz With Bashir, and if you haven’t seen it check it out. It is an animated documentary and I have to say it blew my mind! It is an amazing film and is still playing theatrically in some markets. I don’t want to give anything away, just go see it.

I have been approached about putting advertisements up on my website and I must say I am really torn. There are none at this point and I have turned down ads in the past. I have spent all these years moving away from the main stream and to put advertising up on the site just seems wrong. Although I could certainly use the money.

What do you all think? Let me know. angryfilminfo@aol.com

And now on to other stuff.

If you want Moses and I to come to your college, university, media art center, high school, theater or even to your house for dinner send me a note, angryfilminfo@aol.com.

There is a rumor that my work books should be ready for downloading soon, and there are going to be new Angry Filmmaker T-shirts available. These will piss off anyone, thanks to Jeff Pollard. I’ll let you know when they’re ready.

Please check out my internet specials, hopefully you’ll find something you like. (www.angryfilmmaker.com, as if you didn’t know)

Don’t forget to check out my tour sponsors, Show Biz Software, (www.showbizsoftware.com), Film Baby (www.filmbaby.com), Pollard Design (www.pollarddesign.com), Zoom Studio (www.zoomstudio.com), The Indy Film Co-op (www.indyfilmco-op.org) and Cheezy Flicks (www.cheezyflicks.com). All great people, all great companies.

If you haven’t checked out their sites and their services, you better.

The first two Workshop DVDs are selling well. You can find them at, www.angryfilmmaker.com, and at www.filmbaby.com

As always, feel free to link to my site and you can subscribe to my blog. So what are you waiting for?

Talk later.

Kelley

www.angryfilmmaker.com
www.facebook.com
www.myspace.com/theangryfilmmaker
www.youtube.com/theangryfilmmaker

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home