Monday, November 30, 2009

DVD Extras, Help, It Might Get Loud & Other Stuff

November 30, 2009

The Extras are here! The Extras are here!

That’s right all three of my features (Birddog, The Gas Café & Kicking Bird) now have extra features. Directors commentaries, interviews, and all sorts of other stuff. A whole new reason to buy your copies before Christmas. If Ridley Scott can bore the crap out of us with all sorts of new versions of Blade Runner (and it’s not even a very good movie) then I can add extras! Check them out @ http://www.angryfilmmaker.com/buy.php

Transcription Software?

I am hard at work on my second book, The Angry Filmmaker Survival Guide Part Two: Sound Conversations With (Un)Sound People and I am wondering if anyone can help me? I am recording conversations with a lot of friends of mine in the sound world via Skype and I am looking for any kind of software that can transcribe the conversations for me. I am familiar with Dragon’s Naturally Speaking but that doesn’t seem to fit what I need because on all of these recordings there are two of us speaking. Does anyone know of any software that is good for transcribing interviews? Something that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg, (free is a great price…), and could do most of the work for me. I would appreciate any info.

While I was on the road I got to see It Might Get Loud, the documentary on the three guitar players, Jimmy Page, The Edge, and Jack White. I was not a big fan of any of these guys before I saw the film. Well the film is terrific and while I still can’t say I am a big fan of Led Zepplin or U2 I can really appreciate all three of these guys. Three different styles, but three people who love what they do and are pushing their own boundaries. I’m sure it bombed, there were only 3 people in the theater when I saw it, so check it out on DVD. Well worth seeing.

Time to plug my book… I have to do this, I would much rather have you buy this then one of those books by someone who doesn’t make films, or really shitty ones. You know who you are…

More things from the book:

1. The re-writing never stops... even in the editing room you have to re-write.

2. If you're convinced that a major feature is your future, it’s imperative that you start with short films, to learn your craft and build a track record.

3. Important Law in the Hollywood Film Business: No one ever gets fired for saying "NO!" They only get fired for saying "yes" and costing the company money.

4. Remember, it's that show of respect that's really important. If your cast and crew don't respect you, and like you, but respect is a bit more important, then they are not going to go that extra mile that is going to make you movie better.


The Angry Filmmaker Survival Guide Part One: Making The Extreme No Budget Film. It’s full of things to help you make your film. So why haven’t you bought it!

Go to my site, (www.angryfilmmaker.com) and buy it for a mere $16.95 + $3 S&H.

So buy it already.

Please ask your local libraries to purchase my book.

On most library websites there is a place to suggest books for purchase. Or just send an email. Here is the information they will need:

The Angry Filmmaker Survival Guide: Making the Extreme No Budget Film
ISBN #: 1-4392-3273-3
Author: Kelley Baker
2009

When asked for the publisher direct them to my website: www.angryfilmmaker.com
(The publisher is BookSurge but I make more money if they buy from me...)

Thank you!

I would really appreciate it if people who have purchased my book could go to Amazon.com and write a review. Please tell your friends about the book, but don’t let them buy it on Amazon, send them to my site. I make more money that way.

On to other stuff.

Follow me on Twitter (http://twitter.com/thekelleybaker) or become a fan on Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/pages/The-Angryfilmmaker/88965343075?ref=ts

Don’t forget to check out my tour sponsors, Show Biz Software, (www.showbizsoftware.com), Pollard Design (www.pollarddesign.com), Zoom Creates (www.zoomcreates.com), and Cheezy Flicks (www.cheezyflicks.com ). If you haven’t checked out their sites and their services, you better.

And I’m welcoming a new Sponsor, Film Slug, (www.filmslug.com) but more about them later…

As always, feel free to link to my site and you can subscribe to my blog. So what are you waiting for?

Talk later.

Kelley

www.angryfilmmaker.com

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home