Wednesday, January 09, 2008

A Scanner Darkly/AF Tip of the Day

I tried watching A Scanner Darkly last night. You know, one of those movies you should watch, but it also feels like it's an assignment. Well, I failed. I like the style and technique, and I am not one of those people who doesn't like Keanu Reeves (in some movies he has been quite good), I just couldn't get in to it. I gave it an hour but the story just never engaged me.

I feel sorry for Philip K. Dick. I think his writing is good, but the movies that get made from his work (that I've seen), suck! Blade Runner is beautiful to look at but the story and the acting are pretty lame. And no I haven't seen the new version, what's it called, "The Director wants a new home in the South of France" Cut. Or is it "The Studio Accountant's need to squeeze a few more dollars out of an old movie because their new films suck" Cut? Watching that movie the first time years ago was enough for me. Love the look, story sucks.

And here it is, The AF Tip of the Day.

If you had a good script supervisor then there's a lot of stuff you don't need to input in to your editing system. Look at their notes then just input circled takes.
- - from The Angry Filmmaker Survival Guide (coming in 2008)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home