Monday, May 12, 2008

Blog Assistance/AF Tip of the Day

I am looking for a little help here. As most of you know I blog 5 days a week. I try to write and post Monday – Friday. I am also a working filmmaker. So I am looking for contributions. If any of you would like to write a guest blog for me that would be great.

It has to have something to do with Real Independent Filmmaking, not that Hollywood Independent crap! It can be advice, tips, maybe things you are going through while trying to get you next production going or diaries from the set.

If you have specific questions or topics you want me to write about that would be great as well. I am trying to make the blog interesting and I want to write about stuff that is going to help others. A while back I did a whole week of posts on my dealings with the Sundance Institute and even included a story from one of my readers. A lot of people read those posts and I got some nice feedback. If you look at my background I have done an awful lot of stuff over the last 25 years. Based on that experience I can write about a lot of stuff.

As I tell my work shops, I can blather on about all sorts of stuff for hours, but if you’re not getting anything out of it because you’re not asking me questions then we are both wasting our time.

I will not post solicitations for funding your movies, I don’t want to post stuff that is just a way to promote you (that’s what I do - - if you have a good service you provide to help other independents I want to hear about that), and I certainly don’t want to hear about your personal problems. Trust me I have a steamer trunk full of my own. I can’t help you settle arguments or get some one to pay you.

My blog is pretty wide open. I do ask for certain considerations as I still put in 50-60 hours a week on my own work. Send me an inquiry and if it seems something that I THINK others will be interested in then we’ll figure out how best to approach it.

I can be reached at angryfilminfo@aol.com. Or just go to my site www.angryfilmmaker.com, and hit Go Ahead Bother Me. In the subject line please say possible blog subject. I get lots of spam so if I don’t recognize an email address I sometimes just hit delete.

And now, your AF Guest Quote of the day.

No one "goes Hollywood" - they were that way before they came here. Hollywood just exposed it.

~ Ronald Reagan

I can’t believe I just used a Reagan quote…

And don’t forget my Masters Class in Filmmaking this summer through the Franklin Film Institute. Go to www.independentcinema.net for more details.

Find out more about the Angry Filmmaker @ www.angryfilmmaker.com. And don’t forget to buy some of my stuff!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home