Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Links, Books, an Interview & other stuff

December 15, 2009

Things are getting busy around here. Check out this link at the SEA website. I am going to be in Chicago for the SEA Conference in February and they are already publicizing me.
http://selfemploymentinthearts.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=106:angry-filmmaker-at-sea&catid=36:columns&Itemid=71

On Thursday evening I am going to be on my friend Marguerite’s radio show. She’s in Memphis and is one hell of a photographer. I will be on around 7:30 CST so hit this link and you can listen in. www.blogtalkradio.com/meggymoon

It’s not too late to order a signed copy of my book in time for Christmas. The Angry Filmmaker Survival Guide Part One: Making The Extreme No Budget Film. It’s full of things to help you make your film. So why haven’t you bought it!

Go to my site, (www.angryfilmmaker.com) and buy it for a mere $16.95 + $3 S&H. Don’t all of the little angry filmmakers in you life deserve it.
Whoa Pardner! Don’t forget an Angry Filmmaker T-shirt for Mom!

Angry Filmmaker Tip of the Week.
“If you piss off your crew you'll never really know it until you're back in the editing room. That's when you will see things like the boom, or mic shadows, or that the focus is soft.”

So feed them well and respect them and their time. Things will work out much better for you and your movie if you do.

I am already booking the Spring Tour which kicks off in the dead of winter, but who am I to quibble. It seems like the Spring Tour starts earlier and earlier every year. Luckily I don’t mind winter driving. (Actually I hate it.)

I have been reading the Warren Zevon biography “I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead”. That guy was a really fucked up fellow and the book tells it all. I loved his music but wouldn’t want to hang out with him. Check it out if you can.

And speaking of books, (besides mine) you should all be buying William Akers book Your Screenplay Sucks! 100 Ways to Make It Great. Get it at www.yourscreenplaysucks.com/

And Nic Browns Blood Curse: Werewolf For Hire at http://www.amazon.com/BLOOD-CURSE-Werewolf-Hire-Book/dp/1601455070/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1260915273&sr=8-10

Both good books. And if you’re not going to buy mine then buy theirs. Let’s get people reading books again.

Please ask your local libraries to purchase my book.

On most library websites there is a place to suggest books for purchase. Or just send an email. Here is the information they will need:

The Angry Filmmaker Survival Guide: Making the Extreme No Budget Film
ISBN #: 1-4392-3273-3
Author: Kelley Baker
2009

When asked for the publisher direct them to my website: www.angryfilmmaker.com
(The publisher is BookSurge but I make more money if they buy from me...)

Thank you!


I would really appreciate it if people who have purchased my book could go to Amazon.com and write a review. Please tell your friends about the book, but don’t let them buy it on Amazon, send them to my site. I make more money that way.

On to other stuff.

Follow me on Twitter (http://twitter.com/thekelleybaker) or become a fan on Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/pages/The-Angryfilmmaker/88965343075?ref=ts

Don’t forget to check out my tour sponsors, Show Biz Software, (www.showbizsoftware.com), Pollard Design (www.pollarddesign.com), Zoom Creates (www.zoomcreates.com), and Cheezy Flicks (www.cheezyflicks.com ). If you haven’t checked out their sites and their services, you better.

And I’m welcoming a new Sponsor, Film Slug, (www.filmslug.com) but more about them later…

As always, feel free to link to my site and you can subscribe to my blog. So what are you waiting for?

Talk later.

Kelley

www.angryfilmmaker.com

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home