Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Workshop in Austin, on to Houston

March 16, 2010

Tonight:
REEL WOMEN / KELLEY BAKER workshop on "The Art of Sound Design" on Tuesday, March 16. 6:00 - 9:00pm. $40 / $25 RW, AFM Members, AFS Filmmaker Level Members (or get membership AND workshop for $55!) The Picture Box Studio, 701 Tillery, Suite A-7, Austin 78709

I did my workshop/panel yesterday at SXSW with Jim LeBrecht and it went great! We got a lot of great questions and no one appeared to walk out. I’d do it again.

I saw some pretty great panels here myself and feel like I learned quite a bit. It was also good to see some old friends and hang out in Austin. I can’t believe how much the Hilton charges for rooms (I’m staying with friends) and worse yet, Beers! This is an expensive festival.

Tomorrow I head to San Antonio for a few days to work on a friends film. Saturday I am in Houston at SWAMP for ….

SOUND DESIGN FOR INDEPENDENT FEATURES
Date: Saturday, March 20, 2010 (10:00am- 2:00pm)
Location: SWAMP Office
Cost: $50 - General Public; $40 - SWAMP Members & Students
Instructor: Kelley "The Angry Filmmaker" Baker

If you’re interested go to www.swamp.org or call 773-522-8595 ext 2 for more details.

Moses is holding up well although stairs are giving him some trouble with his arthritis.

I still have some openings in the Spring tour, if you want Moses and me to come by your college, university, media art center, or even to your house for dinner drop me a note at angryfilminfo@aol.com.

Don’t forget to check out my tour sponsors, The Write Brothers (www.screenplay.com), Pollard Design (www.pollarddesign.com), Zoom Creates (www.zoomcreates.com), and IMD Independent Media Distribution, (www.imdfilmsdvd.com). If you haven’t checked out their sites and their services, you better.

Check out the DC Shorts Film Festival website (http://www.dcshorts.com/ ), it’s a great festival!

Talk later.

Kelley

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home