Thursday, March 20, 2008

Name Issues/AF Tip of the Day

That storm really messed things up at the Dallas airport yesterday. All of my flights were late yesterday so I got home later than planned. But at least I got home.

I had a nice email exchange with Sherry Mills at Reel Women in Austin, Texaswww.reelwomen.org). Some group in LA was using "Reel Women" in their name, which is a problem. Reel Women in Austin own that name. After some emails back and forth the group in LA has changed their name. (

Don't people ever think to do a name search before they start calling themselves something? It's not that hard to do and saves a lot of time and effort when you find out that you have taken another groups name. You have to do a search when it comes to internet domain names, so why not go all the way and really check out the name you want to use? How stupid are these people?

I trademarked Angry Filmmaker for exactly that reason. It cost me a few hundred bucks and a little time to have my lawyer do the paperwork. No one likes their name or image being used by someone else. I really don't want to waste my time going after someone who wants to use Angry Filmmaker, but I will. I am the Angry Filmmaker after all.

And now, your AF Tip of the Day.

When you plan your first day's shoot give yourself less to do than on the rest of the schedule.
- - from The Angry Filmmaker Survival Guide (coming in Spring 2008)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home