Thursday, March 27, 2008

Sundance Part 4/AF Tip of the Day

And here is Sundance's response to me and what I wrote on their survey.

"Hi Kelley,

I hope you’re well. Thank you for responding to this survey, and for your candor. I completely understand your frustration with the system of arts funding, exhibition, etc. Doubt I can do much about that, but it’s a nice reminder for on down the line, whether that is program development, opportunity cultivation, etc.

If you don’t mind, I’ll keep you on our (very occasional) email list in case opportunity arises that strikes your fancy. I’m sure you’ve already engaged with the Pacific Pioneer Fund, but I did note that they have a deadline 5/1 and fund film in your area. Should anything else pop up I’ll send a note. http://www.pacificpioneerfund.com/

Best Regards,"

It's kind of anti-climactic isn't it? I did remove the name of the person who was corresponding with me but this was the entire note besides the signature.

What have we learned here?

And now, your AF Tip of the Day.

I listen to what people have to say about my films, but I also take it all with a grain of salt.
- - from The Angry Filmmaker Survival Guide (coming in Spring 2008)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home