Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Angry Filmmaker is in...

Hey Everybody,

There is nothing worse than watching a film and seeing mistakes that I know are avoidable. The story is lame, I can't hear the dialog, the shots are beautiful but don't carry the story forward, the actors are all the same age and the acting is stiff.

Sometimes it is just a matter of having an experienced set of eyes look at your work. More importantly, it's someone who will be honest about it. I know your Mom and Dad and all your friends think your stuff is terrific, but they don't want to hurt your feelings.

I don't have those problems.

I am available to consult on your films. (www.angryfilmmaker.com/consulting.htm.)

What do you get out of the deal? You get the best value and advice in making your film. No matter what stage you're in. I get to improve independent filmmaking.

I've been in the business for 25 years, working on everything from animation to live action, Independent features, Real Independent features, Hollywood studio stuff, and documentaries. If you check out my bio and filmography (www.angryfilmmaker.com/who.htm) you'll see I've worked on award winning films, and films that never got distribution.

I will look at your work honestly and objectively. If there are problems, I'll point them out, in a constructive way. No one wants to hear, "This sucks!" My goal is to guide you through the process, so that you can see what the problems are, and we'll come up with ways to fix them.

I can come in at any stage of a film, from writing, to post-production. You will get my best advice, not cookie cutter crap. My estimates depend on what you need and what your budget is. Serious inquires will be considered.

Some of you have been to my work shops (and learned a lot), and you've seen how much I care about filmmaking. The important thing is to make the best film you can, and to that end I can help you. Put my filmmaking passion to work for you.

So what are you waiting for? Email me, angryfilminfo@aol.com, and ask me about my rates.

Making a film is a big deal, treat it like one.

And just a heads up, I'll be teaching a "Masters" Class through the Franklin Film Institute this summer in Franklin, IN. It'll be a 3 week intensive production sequence and at the end of it we will have made a 20 minute short. It promises to be a wild adventure for all of us. Space in the class is limited, for more details check out www.independentcinema.net.

Don't worry I'll be writing more about this soon.

Talk later.

Kelley

The AF Tip will return tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home