Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Cool Software & Other Thoughts...

It's Tax day. More money to politicians who don't earn it. Good luck with that…

Yesterday was pretty cool. I had some great students at Pacific University and some really good questions. But what was cool for me was I took a 30 minute break and did a Q&A with students at Bowling Green State University.

I used a program called SightSpeed and it worked pretty well. At least from my side, I couldn't see what they had to look at. I almost felt like I was a guest on Larry King or something. I could hear them, and I could hear my voice coming through on the speaker back there. I couldn't see anything as they didn't have a camera hooked up. My lap top camera seemed to work well, I could see myself in the corner of the frame and I was told that they could see me.

I gotta tell you, it was cool! To be able to talk to students a couple thousand miles away in real time, I was impressed. And the software was free. Check out SightSpeed it was pretty cool. Now I can talk to some classes from home, and with gas prices being the way they are, that's good.

By the way, how come people aren't all pissed off by the gas thing? Our so-called leaders aren't doing anything about it, and people aren't protesting either. I have cut way back on my driving, and I am only going to the cash only stations where I get a discount (ARCO). I hate the oil companies and the politicians who are giving them a free pass as we plunge farther down in to this recession. And we are in a RECESSION! Screw those guys!

And now, your AF Tip of the Day.

To have real credibility you need to have made something before and it had better be good.
- - from The Angry Filmmaker Survival Guide (coming in Spring 2008)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home