Friday, May 16, 2008

Tour Sponsors/AF Tip of the Day

It’s my younger sister’s birthday today! Happy Birthday Jamie! I hope your day is a good one.

I am going back to a subject I have written about before.

I am going to be heading out on the road on tour soon and I am looking for sponsors. With gas prices going through the roof I need to do something so that I can continue to tour.

I am excited about the Fall Tour. I am going to be promoting my new book, The Angry Filmmaker Survival Guide: Making the Extreme Low Budget Film. A lot of my old friends are inviting me back and a lot of new places are adding me on to their schedule.

Traditionally, I do a two month tour in the Fall and in the Spring. I appear at 35-50 venues on each tour which will translate to 4,000 – 5,000 people on each tour. I am posting my blog on 5 sites, 5 days a week, where I average at least 700 new visitors a month, plus a daily readership that averages over 150 people a day. Over the last 5 years I would estimate that I have been in front of well over 25,000 film students, filmmakers, and film enthusiasts and I reach many more through my online writing.

In the past I have handed out flyers for reduced price subscriptions to Filmmaker Magazine, and for a New Filmmaker Equipment Grant Program through a Seattle based Camera Rental House.

Does anyone have any ideas and/or contacts at any companies that you think might be a good fit for what I do?

I love touring but the way things are going, if I can’t pick up a few sponsors to help me pay expenses I might not be able to keep doing it. Any ideas are appreciated.

And now, your AF Tip of the Day.

If you really must make a movie, then you should take any money you have and use it to buy more time in pre-production, better sound gear, and food for your crew.
- - from The Angry Filmmaker Survival Guide (coming in Spring 2008)

And don’t forget my Masters Class in Filmmaking this summer through the Franklin Film Institute. Go to www.independentcinema.net for more details.

Find out more about the Angry Filmmaker @ www.angryfilmmaker.com. And don’t forget to buy some of my stuff!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home