Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Fall Tour/New Book/New Workshop

Hey Everybody,

It’s that time of year again. It’s cold and rainy and I feel like I haven’t seen the sun in months. Yes, it’s June in Oregon.

And we all know what June in Oregon means. It’s time to dream of better weather, vast stretches of open highway, huge gas bills and the Fall Tour. Yep, I can’t believe it either, but I am going to be hitting the road in September in the face of high gas prices and the Presidential campaign.

My first stop will be at the DC Shorts Film Festival the weekend of September 13th. I will be on the East Coast for about 2 weeks before I slowly start making my way west.

The Fall Tour is going to be a big one! In addition to showing my movies and teaching work shops I am going to be promoting my new book, The Angry Filmmaker Survival Guide: Making The Extreme Low Budget Film. The book should be ready later this summer.

"Angry or not, Kelley Baker knows his stuff, and he tells it all in this book that's part indie film war story, part instructional manual for true independents, and part furious rant. It's always entertaining, and it might just tick you off, but – most important – the advice contained within these pages will help you get your film made. Anyone reading this book can tell Baker truly wants to help passionate wannabe filmmakers realize their creative visions without going bankrupt or making the kinds of mistakes they can't afford to make."

Chris Hansen, writer and director of “The Proper Care and Feeding of an American Messiah.”

I have also added a new work shop.

Pre-Production on Extreme Low Budget Features, is a 3 hour work shop where Kelley Baker will walk you through the ins and outs of everything you need to do before you get to the set. From casting, staged readings and actor rehearsals, to script break downs and securing lots of free stuff, Kelley has seen and done it all. How do you know if you've hired the right crew? What kind of insurance should you have, and how much? What happens if one of your locations falls through at the last minute? Do you have location releases, talent releases? Who gets a certificate of insurance? How long should Pre-production even last? “I believe that your movie is made before you ever step on the set. If you get Pre-production right then the rest of your schedule should go smooth, and when it doesn't you need to know what to do to get it back on track.”

So contact me (angryfilminfo@aol.com) if you’re interested in booking me on the Fall Tour, or if you want to chip in for gas. Moses and I will are looking forward to seeing all of our friends again.

Other stuff…

I have a new page on my site (www.angryfilmmaker.com), called The AF Speaks. If you have ever wondered why they call me the Angry Filmmaker I’ll tell you about it. The page contains short video interview clips which will be updated every other week.

I’ve also added another clip to Odds & Ends

Don’t forget to check out the work books. Bowling Green State University just purchased multiple sets for their film classes, shouldn’t you?

Talk later.

Kelley

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home