Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Links, Books, & Other Stuff

March 24, 2010

Moses and I are cooling our heels in St Louis right now. Got a few meetings in the area and I’m going to try and get some work done.

I have added more links to “Links & Other Points of Interest” on my Bio menu. Check out the new stuff. If you have a link that you think I should put up on my list send it to me. If you would like to link to my page as well, I would really appreciate it.

I have been re-reading Morrie Warshawski’s book, Shaking The Money Tree and I have forgotten how much good fundraising stuff is in there.

I am also reading Scott Kirsner’s book, Fans, Friends & Followers. I saw Scott speak at SXSW and I was impressed. The book is really good.

I know some people are waiting for me to go off about SXSW since this was my first time there. I had a good time and I couldn’t believe all of the people that were there. It felt more like a tradeshow than a film festival to me, but I never made it over to see any of the films. I sat in on some panels, did my own panel, checked out a lot of the Vendors in the Trade Show area and reconnected with a lot of old friends. I have to say that I picked up a lot of information, but felt like I was one of many. I was gone before the music portion started so I didn’t get to see any of that craziness.

It seemed like you had to stand in line for lots of things and people there seemed to be having a good time. I guess I missed the art. I only saw one of the organizers, Jared (I hope I spelled that right) and he was great. He was sincere in wanting to make sure that Jim and I had no problems with our panel. Next time I am in Austin I’d like to buy him a beer.

We’ll see if I get asked back.

I am still trying to get on All Things Considered and/or Fresh Air. A lot of people have been sending notes to them on my behalf and I have to say that all I get is still the automated responses to my emails. Do you think they even read those things? I am beginning to doubt it, but I am going to keep trying.

Don’t forget to check out my tour sponsors, The Write Brothers (www.screenplay.com), Pollard Design (www.pollarddesign.com), Zoom Creates (www.zoomcreates.com), and IMD Independent Media Distribution, (www.imdfilmsdvd.com). If you haven’t checked out their sites and their services, you better.

Check out the DC Shorts Film Festival website (http://www.dcshorts.com/ ), it’s a great festival!

Feel free to link to me.

I got work to do, so we’ll talk later.

Kelley

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home