Monday, December 19, 2005

Just an update...

It has really been hard getting back to earth after 2 months on the road. So let me make a few more comments about the Fall Tour.

We had a blast at the cemetery in Montgomery, Alabama. Hank Williams, Sr was a wonderful host. About 8 of us went up there after my screening and sat drinking beer and singing songs with Hank. He would've loved it! I didn't see him myself, but one more shot of Rum that night and who knows...

I also went through the new Visitors Center at The Southern Poverty Law Center. it was beautiful, and very moving. If you ever get to Montgomery, go there. It's worth it. And if you have a few extra bucks, I can't think of a more deserving place to leave it. They do wonderful work there.

The Memphis Indie Film Festival was great! I had a good time. I did a little lecture on extremely low budget Features and how to make them. I also sat on a panel and we talked about getting money for low budget movies. A really nice crowd. I saw some great movies there, and the work of Bill Brown was featured. You got to check this guy out. Some really funny, personal stuff. And a nice dude to boot! I just like Memphis! I had some great food, great alcohol, and a lot of great conversation. Thanks Memphis!

I went and saw Jesus of the Ozarks, impressive. According to my pal Aric, if he was any taller they'd have to put a red beacon on his head to warn airplanes. I must admit, it was pretty weird. I am just sorry I didn't have time to stay for the Passion Play. Oh well, there's always next year...

It was pretty strange to do a lecture at my old school, USC Cinema. I have had a lot of mixed feelings about that place. It turns out that most of my USC demons have been vanquished. I had a good time with Jeffrey Obrow's class. Smart kids, and they didn't seem all that Hollywood to me, or phony independent. I liked em. I had a really nice dinner with Rick Jewell, one of my former professors, and a good friend. Rick it was really nice seeing you. Thanks for all your words of encouragement.

I want to also thank Rocket Video in Hollywood for hosting a DVD signing while I was there.

Check this place out. A very low budget, unpretentious place that I am proud to have my work available at. Cheers to the folks there! I look forward to the next time. I had some nice conversations with friends while I was in LA, and stayed with old friends Dana and Patty Driskel up in Santa Barbara. San Francisco was perfect as a last stop. I got a lot of good friends there.

Thank you all for showing up at various events while I was on the road.

And remember, it's not too late to do a little shopping for all the little Angry Filmmakers on your list. I am still selling DVD's and if you order by Thursday, I will do everything I can to get them out that same day. I am not, however paying extra for postage. You are just going to have to rely on our friends at the Post Office to get it there on time. I may be angry, but I'm not stupid.

More later....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home