Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I have a Twin in Germany!

I have been corresponding with a filmmaker in Germany by the name of M. A. Littler. The company is Slow Boat Films (www.slowboatfilms.com).

We have been sharing out thoughts about Real Independent Filmmaking. We have both come to many of the same conclusions, among them are, if you want your work seen you have to do it yourself!

Good films don't have to have stars, and the most important thing for any filmmaker is control over your own work.

We are talking about me coming over to Frankfurt so we can have an open discussion about the differences between Real American Independent Movies as compared with Real European Independent Movies. All of you "Indie" phonies can stay home. You wouldn't understand what we'll be talking about.

The interesting part is that I have sent some of my films over there, and I am waiting to see M's films. I don't care if I like the work, I already respect it. It is all about making movies on your own terms.

If you get a chance, check out Slow Boat Films (www.slowboatfilms.com) and support M. I think it is the least we can do. I'll let you all know what I think of the work. Maybe.

Later.

Kelley

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home