Thursday, February 28, 2008

What's Happening/AF Tip of the Day

People keep asking me what I am working on right now. Am I going to be making another movie soon? My Daughter has really been bothering me! So here's an update.

I am working 60 hours a week.

I am booking my Spring and Summer tours, marketing and self-distributing my movies, working on the marketing strategy for my book (The Angry Filmmaker Survival Guide: Making the Extreme Low Budget Film), writing 2 scripts (that are almost finished), out lining my new book (The AFSG: Marketing, Self- Distribution and Tales from the Road). I am on the lookout for funding for two of my docs, (Dangerous: Kay Boyle and Life Without...), I am trying to edit two short docs of my own (the American dream & Short Stories from the Road), I am consulting on the Sound for a horror film from KC that's in post-production, and I am outlining a class and writing a script for a Masters Class I will be teaching through the Indy Film Co-op this summer. More about the class later.

And did I mention I am writing blog stuff five days a week on 4 different sites.

So I have a lot of stuff on my plate right now, and I'm not complaining. Those of you who know me know that I love what I do and I wouldn't have it any other way. (Although a real vacation or a social life would be nice...)

Anyway, if you want to donate to any of my projects go over to the web site (www.angryfilmmaker.com) and hit the "Donate" button.

The rest of you, I'll see out on the road. Talk later.

And now, your AF Tip of the Day.

Always have people you trust and respect read your stuff.

- - from The Angry Filmmaker Survival Guide (coming in Spring 2008)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home