Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Web Designer Wanted, Good Audio & other stuff

July 22nd

NEWS FLASH (or something like that)

I am looking for a Website Designer! It is time that AngryFilmmaker.com got a make over! I have a new logo and I really want to make some changes and update the site so it will be more fun and hopefully more irreverent!

I HAVE NO MONEY!!!

I do have swag. If you’re willing to help me out I can give you copies of my films, an AF T-shirt and a signed copy of my book.

If there is anyone out there who is interested, and skilled, contact me at angryfilminfo@aol.com.

And now on with the show…

I have recovered from my birthday so it is time to move on. How many of you bought my book for my birthday? Not nearly enough! So what are you waiting for, www.angryfilmmaker.com, it’s right on the home page.

Here’s what David Fechtor a former Editor & Foley Supervisor had to say.

“I'm impressed as hell by the amount of solid, practical advice that Kelley Baker was able to squeeze into his new book. No, it won't write your script for you, teach you how to operate a Steadicam, or find you an agent. What it will do is show you how to get your movie made, and made well--even on a budget that's slimmer than Olive Oyl's waist.

Here is today’s AF Tip.

“A film can look like shit and people will think it's arty. If your dialog sounds like shit, people won't watch your movie.”
From The Angry Filmmaker Survival Guide Part One

How many times do I have to say it! If filmmakers would spend just half the time dealing with sound that they do dealing with camera their movies would look a lot better. You are so worried about what kind of a camera you’re going to shoot with and what your shots are going to look like that you ignore sound all together. And if you are stupid enough to think you can just add the sound later in post you probably shouldn’t even be working in this business.

On all of the major films I have ever worked on we tried to use as much of the location sound as possible. Yes, you can get the words to match the lips if you do your sound in a studio after the fact, but you will never ever match the performance. Actors work much better on the set, working off of another actor and being in character than they do in a sterile studio surrounded by technicians 6 months later. Get some quality microphones (they are much cheaper than your camera) and someone who knows how to use them and you will be surprised how much better your movie will look because it sounds good!

And speaking of sound…

Check out the review of my Sound Design Workshop DVD at http://www.microfilmmaker.com/reviews/Issue43/Sound1.html. While you’re there check out some of the articles. It’s a great site.

Here is a clip from the Sound Design workshop.



On to other stuff.

If you want Moses and I to come to your college, university, media art center, high school, theater or even to your house for dinner this Fall send me a note, angryfilminfo@aol.com.

Don’t forget to check out my tour sponsors, Show Biz Software, (www.showbizsoftware.com), Film Baby (www.filmbaby.com), Pollard Design (www.pollarddesign.com), and Zoom Studio (www.zoomstudio.com), and Cheezy Flicks (wwwcheezyflicks.com). If you haven’t checked out their sites and their services, you better.

As always, feel free to link to my site and you can subscribe to my blog. So what are you waiting for?

Talk later.

Kelley

www.angryfilmmaker.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home