Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Getting ready for the UK Tour

February 7, 2006

I sit here booking the tour and dodging Realtors. I'll be glad when this is over. It is an invasion on my privacy, and as we all know, a person's home is their castle, and I am being stormed by Barbarians.

So here's the deal. I am giving up my house for a lot of reasons but the big one is because I am spending more time on the road promoting my movies, and trying to make new ones. In the Fall I started shooting a doc on the American Dream. What is it anymore? I am interviewing people all over the country as I tour. So as I put my schedule up on my site please check it out and come to my screenings and work shops and if you're interested in being interviewed please let me know. But please have something to say that is fairly succinct. I don't need any ramblers...

I am leaving on Sunday the 12th for the UK and I am really excited. I will be in Dublin for 5 days hanging out with my friend Tom Johnson, multiple Oscar winning sound rerecordist and the man who introduced me to the woman who eventually became my ex-wife! I will be at the Dublin Institute of Technology on Tuesday and Wednesday and then I will be at the University College of Dublin on Thursday the 16th. I am still looking to book something on Friday the 17th, but Tom thinks they have me covered. I travel to Stirling, Scotland and Macrobert University where they are showing ALL of my films over 4 nights, (Feb 20th - 23rd). I'll also be teaching workshops on Monday and Tuesday. Then it's off to Fallkirk on Friday and Callender House for a workshop. Then on the weekend it's off to London with two possible workshops/screenings. SAE and Thames Valley University. They kind of move slowly over there, let's hope something happens soon as I don't have a place to crash there yet...

I'll let you all know how it goes while I'm over there. A buddy of mine has loaned me a wireless laptop for my travels so I can keep in touch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home