Thursday, May 04, 2006

Just bitching...

May Day! May Day! Workers of the World Unite! We have nothing to lose but our chains...

Okay so it's May 4th, I'm late.

Okay, that's a bit heavy, but as I recall traditionally this is a day to celebrate the worker.

And speaking of workers, I want to put in a plug for one of my favorite bands, who celebrate the workers. Let's hear it for the DROPKICK MURPHYS. A great band, who are pissed about everything, especially the plight of the workers in any country. I must say that they are my constant companions when I am on the road. Their stuff is kick ass! Go out and buy their music.
If I ever make it to Boston, or you guys make it to Portland, when I am home, I would love to meet you and just hang out. Your hearts and souls are in the right place.

So let me get something else off my chest.

As you know, part of my work involves driving around the country and showing my movies and teaching work shops. I put on 12-14,000 miles on any given tour.

I don't have a problem with smokers. I am an asthmatic, and I still go to bars, and hell, some of my good friends smoke. If that's what they want to do, so be it. I have no problem with that. I like having smoking and non-smoking sections in restaurants, bars, and public places. If you want to smoke, go for it! I know second hand smoke and all of that, but if people want to smoke they're going to so let's not get all upset about that. You can ban it, and we saw how well banning something that people like worked, remember Prohibition, and the current war on drugs, yeah that's really worked. People are going to smoke, I say let em!

Here's my question... WHICH PART OF THE CIGARETTE IS NOT LITTER!

I see people throw their cigarettes on the ground, toss them from their car windows, and basically leave them all over the place for the rest of us to find. What the fuck is up with that? I am so tired of seeing people throw cigarettes out their car windows. Would you throw out food wrappers? Bottles and cans? Maybe you would I don't know. But cars come with ash trays for a reason. Use them! Employers and Cities put garbage cans on the streets for a reason. Use them!

I carry a package of fucking bags around in my car so that when my dog takes a dump I can pick it up and dispose of it properly. If I can pick up dog shit, you morons can pick up your god damn butts!

ALL OF YOUR CIGARETTE IS LITTER, especially when you throw the butts on to the ground.

Like I said, I don't have a problem with smokers, especially the ones I've dated. I just wish they wouldn't throw their trash all over the country. You know who you are...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home