Thursday, February 16, 2006

I made it to Ireland...

Dublin

I am feeling like Sally Fields here, "They like me, they really like me..."

The plane flight was pretty good. I was so tired that I slept all the way from Portland to Chicago, hung out in the airport for 3 hours, then slept for almost 7 hours flying in to Dublin. And all of this was in coach. That is my idea of travel...

Things are going great. I did three workshops over 2 days at the Dublin Institute of Technology. I had a blast! The students asked me lots of questions. They really kept me on my toes. The kept saying I talked funny, though. It is great being here.

I am having some problems with the PAL/NTSC thing. Since I never have any money we did the PAL masters ourselves, and then I copied them on my burners. They seem to be playing rather inconsistently. Sometimes okay, sometimes not so good. I don't know whether it's something we did, or a Right Wing Conspiracy... Luckily most people I have met can play both versions so I am selling both.

Today I will go to University College of Dublin to speak and they have arranged an interview for me with the Irish Times. There is also supposed to be a live radio interview on Sunday then it's off to Scotland.

With my house sale proceeding I think it's good I got out of town (and the country) for a little while. I have met some amazing people, and had a few pints of the Guiness. I need to come here more often. I feel good being back in front of students. It's good for me to listen to them, it keeps me on top of my game. It is also making me feel good that my work is being appreciated here.

But I have yet to see Bono. I think he's avoiding me... Or maybe he's off saving the world. Bono, if you're in town drop me a line. I'll buy you a pint!

More later from Scotland.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sujewa Ekanayake said...

Kelly Baker is livin' the traveling DIY filmmaker dream kids.
Nice to hear things are going well Kelley. I am going to point peeps to your Ireland entry from my blog.
In other US indie film news, our group blog Indie Features 06 is getting a lot of press in the indie film media - GreenCine Daily, Filmmaker Magazine blog & others today. Talk to you soon.

Sujewa
*******

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home