Monday, May 15, 2006

What am I still doing out here...

May 15th

I am still on the road...

I am currently in St. Paul, MN hanging out with some old friends from Film School. Man that was a long time ago...

Things I've learned on this trip. I have been on the road too long. I am tired, but also this time of year there isn't much going on. Most colleges are out so that tears in to my income. Next Spring I need to tour for a shorter time. Maybe head out towards the beginning of March and be done at the beginning of May. I think it'll be more efficient.

Also, I am getting grief from my daughter from being gone so long, and she's right. This is a tough time in her life and I'm not around. I missed her first play 2 weeks ago and as mad as she got at me, it didn't hurt me as much as me knowing that I had really missed out on something. I feel like a dick.

I have to remember that this is really the first thing that I have missed with her, but it still burns. How do we juggle our lives and our work? I try to make her understand that I need to be on the road right now, and all I can hope for is that it won't damage our long term relationship.

It is interesting for me right now. I just sold my home of 20 years to pay off all my debts, including the IRS, so when I go home I have no home to go back to. A lot of people are asking me if I can truly make money by touring and I have to say honestly, I don't know. I think so, and I wouldn't be risking every thing out here if I didn't think I could. The answer is still out there.

It would help if some of you people who I have sent emails to would reply to me! You know who you are, and traditionally you're teachers. Why are Professors and College Instructors so bad about returning emails. Do I scare you? Or maybe it's that you can't believe that I have done all the stuff I have done. Every thing in my cover letter is true, as well as everything on my bio. So bring me to your school and I promise the students will learn, and you might as well.

So here I am. I have 11 days to go and 3 gigs. 2 in Baltimore and one in Harrisburg, PA. Come see me and buy my stuff. Also start talking to me about next Fall. I am not that scary!

Okay, I got to go. later.

Kelley

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home