Sunday, December 03, 2006

Safe at Home...

Where did the time go! I have been home for a couple weeks trying to recover. It gets a bit harder every time out. But it's not age, it's intensity!

I think I did okay on the Fall 2006 tour. Good audiences, good questions from students, sold quite a few DVD's and T-shirts, and best of all no diseases! Wait a minute, what are you people thinking? Get out of the gutter! I was talking about diseases like Scurvy, and Rickets. The diseases that haunted the early explorers. Isn't that what I am? I think so.

Anyway, I have been getting lots of good feedback about my piece in Filmmaker Magazine, (for those of you who still haven't seen it, it's in the Fall 2006 issue on page 122), so thanks everybody for the notes.

Speaking of Filmmaker Magazine, and the IFP, and the (Independent) Spirit Awards... Boy it took me a long time to get there. The nominations are out once again and it is all "Industry Independents" again. Do people really care about these things? I am so sick of Independent as a marketing tool. Most of those films with TV stars and minor Film stars aren't INDEPENDENT! It's crap! Then they have the nerve to pat themselves on the back for making these movies. Why don't you just leave the self promotion to the professionals. One award show a year is more than enough! Keep the Oscars and ditch everything else. I just hate organizations and groups of people that pat themselves on the backs for no apparent reason! Most of us ignore those awards anyway...

I hope people are out there making their own stuff. I have a bunch of writing I need to get done, more of my own self promotion, and some editing to do on a lot of the things I have shot on the road over the last two tours.

So excuse me, I am tired and going to have some dinner. Then it's back to work. I'll write more in the next day or two.

angrily yours,

Kelley

www.angryfilmmaker.com
www.myspace.com/theangryfilmmaker
www.youtube.com/theangryfilmmaker

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home