Saturday, February 10, 2007

Tour booking...

Feb 9, 2007

I am working on the next tour, and I am frustrated! I am sending out tons of email inquiries and I am not getting a lot of answers back. I mean what is the deal here? I have a pretty god letter I send out as a first contact, and I attach a file that has more of my back ground and the work shops that I teach. And for some reason a lot of places and people don't even have the courtesy to write me back. There are some places that have been on my list for 4 years, and I have yet to hear from any of them! What is so tough about hitting reply and sending me a note back?

The high point is that I am getting emails back from people who are genuinely interested. The booking is going slow, but it is moving forward. I am trying to book a minimum of 40 dates in 60 days. We'll see what happens...

Boy am I glad Sundance is finally over! What a waste of time and resources! A bunch of wealthy people hanging out trying to act like "Indie" Filmmakers. Did any of you catch Jake Paltrow's new movie? Who is Jake Paltrow you ask? He has a sister in the business, who is also in his movie... Gosh I wonder how he made the cut at Sundance?

I am also tired of Sundance and festivals like it being a closed club. So many Hollywood/New York types don't do what the rest of us have to do. You know, submit our movies with an entrance fee. A lot of "Indies" have private screenings for the Sundance folks, because they know the people there. It sure is a level playing field.

If you want to read more about Sundance by some one with a good healthy attitude, check out www.mewanthorsie.blogspot.com. I like this post...

I need to run. Talk later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home