Friday, January 18, 2008

Oppenheimer Camera Equipment Grant/AF Tip of the Day

It is Friday, I am tired and so I am going to spend my blog time telling you about a guy who wants to help you make your movie. Marty Oppenheimer of Oppenheimer Cine Rental in Seattle, WA. I have known Marty for years. He has helped me out on lots of my films, and we're friends.

You need to check out Marty's website, www.oppenheimercamera.com. You want to check out his whole site, lots of good stuff about camera rentals, (film & video) and speaking from experience, Marty is one of the best guys I have ever worked with. His gear is great, and his service is even better. He is the kind of guy who will work with you and your budget. He has saved my ass on more than one occasion. And he is very supportive of new filmmakers.

If you don't believe me then follow this link, http://www.oppenheimercamera.com/grant.html. Marty has an equipment grant program. You need to read the info he has on his site, all of the info! After you have read it, if you have a film you want to shoot in FILM, you can apply to his program. He is interested in helping students as well as independent filmmakers.

Marty WILL NOT give you money! So don't even ask. But he will loan you film equipment for your shoot if you qualify. How many other camera companies will do that? I don't know of any. So check out his site, (http://www.oppenheimercamera.com/grant.html) and if you are interested (even if you don't live in the Seattle area) contact them.

Don't waste his time. Marty is a good guy and he will not be taken advantage of. He is an honest guy who wants to help filmmakers. And since he is a friend of mine, you don't want to piss me off!

If you don't have a project, tell your friends. If you're doing a feature/documentary/corporate or commercial gig where you have a budget for camera rental, then I say rent from him if you need gear. We need to keep guys like Marty around, he believes in guys like me.

And now, your AF Tip of the Day.

On your first day of shooting, everything takes longer than planned. You will get half of what you scheduled done. - - from The Angry Filmmaker Survival Guide (coming in 2008)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home