Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Yo Canada/AF Tip of the Day

I just finished up at Capilano College in Vancouver, BC. I did 4 - 3 hour lectures mostly on sound design, and then a 3 hour Q&A last night about marketing and self distribution. My voice is killing me. The students were wonderful as were the faculty. I will be happy to come back to Cap anytime, just ask. Please don't forget to go to my website and pay for the items you bought last night, (you know who you are) I trusted you, don't make me feel like a schmuck.

I am going to hang out with a friend today and see a bit more of Vancouver, then I'll head home tomorrow. I must say that everything is real expensive up here, thanks W for messing up our economy, it's great to pay so much more for everything.

I hate to even write this, but I just saw a piece about a couple of films at Sundance that I felt I should pass on. Amy Redford's directorial debut is being shown (I wonder how she got her film in), plus Colin Hanks is in a film there, with his Dad Tom, and Josh Ritter is in a film there as well. I am so happy that the programmers at Sundance are giving unknown and emerging "independents" a place to screen their films...

And now, your AF Tip of the Day.

Good actors are more important than "stars" any day of the week. - - from The Angry Filmmaker Survival Guide (coming in 2008)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home