Monday, February 11, 2008

Penn & Teller/AF Tip of the Day


I got a phone call from a friend of mine on Friday, he was concerned about me. He said in my last few posts I sounded depressed. Thanks for your concern, but I am doing fine. I am physically tired and I'm getting a little annoyed at the weather we have been having here lately, (enough with the rain already...) but I am fine.

I guess I better write a positive piece today...

I just finished watching Season 3 of Penn & Teller's Showtime series, "Bullshit!" If you haven't seen this I highly recommend it. These guys are so funny, so irreverent, and they swear more than I do! Not an easy thing to accomplish.

They look at things like the Boy Scouts (and homophobia), the Death Penalty, Prostitution, and even Cryptozoologists, (one of my favorite episodes). They interview people on both sides of an issue, and they call "Bullshit!" Most of the stuff they point out is common sense, and whether you agree with them or not, you will enjoy the ride. Pick up their DVD's where ever you can and watch them. I am still laughing about some of the stuff. These guys are good. I guess this is the kind of stuff I miss by not having cable.

I am looking forward to a great week. Good stuff is going to happen. I can just feel it. Hey is that my glass over there? The one that's half full?

And now, your AF Tip of the Day.

If you treat every short film as a one day feature shoot you're going to learn a lot more and be better prepared when you move up to longer projects.
- - from The Angry Filmmaker Survival Guide (coming in 2008)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home