Wednesday, April 11, 2007

It is snowing!!! Where the hell is Spring?

April 11, 2007

It is snowing! I am in grand Rapids, MI and a storm has hit. Winds in the 30 mph range and the snow keeps falling. Whose idea was this Spring Tour anyway?

I did a guest lecture at Grand Valley State University , to help promote my shows tonight at the GR Micro Cinema. (www.somethingtv.com). But now with the storm we have cancelled the work shop for tonight. I am hopeful that the screenings we have planned for Thursday and Friday nights will go on as scheduled. I am not happy, but what can I do?

And people I know back in Oregon are telling me how nice and warm it is there... Great!

I looked at the van last night and noticed all the salt all over it. I am going to need to spray it all off as soon as I can. I don't want any body rot...

I just did something really stupid a couple days ago... I told some friends of mine that I had seen earlier on this tour that I had never tasted moonshine. To my knowledge we don't have anything like it in Oregon, and if we do I wouldn't know where to get any... These friends got me a small jar and gave it to me before I left. I put it in the van and forgot all about it. Until I was driving thru Canada...

I went thru Canada as a short cut between Massachusetts and Michigan. That's all I would need, getting stopped at the border and having the US Border patrol find the moonshine. What the hell was I thinking? I ran all sorts of wonderful scenarios in my head (I am a writer don't ya know). Could I say it was Film Cleaner? A gasoline additive (probably true...)? Should I just fess up? I started thinking about scenes from Midnight Express. Knowing my luck when I got to the border I would start sweating profusely...

The good news is that I didn't get stopped at all. I answered a few questions and was soon on my way. And the moonshine? I am getting rid of it. Slowly...

So goes life on the road....

I am hoping that the weather starts getting better soon. Hey Al! Where is the Global Warming you have been talking about? Can you send a little to Grand Rapids? Just for a couple days? Please?

I am freezing and will talk to you all later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home